- This event has passed.
“Hearts of Glass”: A Conversation About Cultivating Employment, Plants, Community and Inclusion
April 15 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
The Ohio State University Nisonger Center and the Ohio Developmental Disabilities Council are excited to bring you the award-winning “Hearts of Glass” documentary! Previously scheduled for April 2020 at Gateway Film Center but canceled due to the Covid-19 pandemic; we’ve now gone virtual!!
This film showcases the employment of adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities and highlights the importance of competitive wages and inclusive employment in a high-tech vertical greenhouse; Vertical Harvest. Join us for a lively discussion with the filmmaker, Vertical Harvest employees, Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities, Ohio DD Council and The Ohio State University Nisonger Center.
You can stream the film at your convenience between Friday, April 9th and Saturday, April 17th HERE. We invite you to watch the film and join the panel discussion at 4 p.m. April 15th, 2021.
Click here to join the virtual discussion!
• Jennifer Tennican, Director and Producer of “Hearts of Glass”
• Emily Churchill, Production Manager; Vertical Harvest Farms
• Johnny Fifles, Senior Associate; Vertical Harvest Farms
• Kevin Miller, Executive Director; Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities
• Michael Denlinger, Self-Advocate; Ohio Developmental Disabilities Council
• Jessie Green, Program Manager, The Ohio State University Nisonger Center TOPS Program
In partnership with:
This webinar will be live-captioned. If you require any other accommodation to participate, please contact Tamara Hager by March 31st at firstname.lastname@example.org or (614) 685-3196.