THE IMPACT OF THE OPIOID CRISIS ON YOUNG CHILDREN:
An Online Training Module for Childcare Professionals
The focus of training is on the impact of the opiate crisis on young children. Early childhood educators/care providers with any level of experience are recommended to participate in the training. The training includes pre-and post-training questions to assess learner knowledge. The training is an interactive, online module and will include information on the following topics:
- the current status of the opiate epidemic,
- basic brain development related to the biology of addiction,
- neonatal abstinence syndrome (NAS) and other developmental outcomes of prenatal exposures,
- trauma-informed care, including strategies to work with children in the classroom and
- information on practices to implement when concerns arise with a child’s development.
Interviews with experts, foster parents, and early childcare providers are included to provide testimony of effective approaches for use with this population of children. Information will also be presented in the context of a case scenario.
Study participants will complete questions before and after completing the web-based training. Completers of the training and pre and-post-test can receive free continuing education credits from the Ohio Child Care Resource & Referral Association (OCCRRA).
Please click here to complete the pretest: https://osu.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0kZru5thD93gj2d
After completing the pre-test you should be directed to the training, if not, please click here