We not only prioritize the education of our children, but also of the students at The Ohio State University. Our preschool supports a large number practicum experiences for undergraduate, master’s level, and doctoral level students from a diverse array of departments: Special Education, Occupational Therapy, Design, and The Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental and Related Disabilities (LEND) program. We believe that our preschool should facilitate the professional development our future educators, clinicians, and researchers.
How to Get Involved
Interested in getting involved in the Nisonger Center ECE? Here is what you must do:
- Have the student experience approved by the Nisonger Center ECE Director, Kathy Lawton.
- Have a FBI and BCI background conducted. To set up these background checks, please contact the Preschool Coordinator, Sara Thomson.
- Take the online OSUWMC HIPAA courses and evaluation. If students have not completed online HIPAA courses and evaluation through their particular department, they should contact Sara Thomson to enroll in these online modules.
- Read the Nisonger Center ECE handbook.
- Sign the Non-guilty, non-conviction statement and turn it into the Office Associate.
- Sign the confidentiality statement and turn it into the Office Associate.
- Complete the trainee form (NIRS)
- ECE Employee Handbook 2012-2013