The McCampbell Hall dental clinic is located on The Ohio State University campus and has been in operation since 1972. The McCampbell Hall clinic serves infants, children and adults with developmental disabilities. It is the largest provider of oral health services for adults with developmental disabilities in Franklin County. Our close collaboration with Nationwide Children’s Hospital provides us with the resources to provide more complicated treatments, including treatment under general anesthesia, when needed.
A sliding fee scale is employed so that no patient is denied dental services due to inability to pay for care. Approximately 6 percent of the patients served are covered by private insurance.
The Nisonger Center Dental Program provides clinical training opportunities in the care of people with developmental disabilities to all Ohio State dental, dental hygiene, general practice dental residents and pediatric dental residents through rotations at the Center. We are one of the only programs in the country to provide such exposure for all dental health students as part of their training.
- Serves infants, children and adults with developmental disabilities.
- Serves approximately 2,000 appointments per year.
- Provides community outreach through screenings and oral health instruction in group homes and workshops.
- Provides a full complement of dental health services throughout the lifespan.
- People with developmental disabilities throughout Ohio are eligible to receive diagnostic services.
- People with intellectual and developmental disabilities within Franklin County are eligible to receive ongoing services.
- Anyone outside of Franklin County will be referred to local resources for ongoing services.
Hours of Operation
- Monday through Friday with services available by appointment only.
- 24-hour emergency service is available for patients of record.
- All major insurance programs, a sliding fee scale and Medicaid are accepted. When necessary, fee arrangements can be made.
- Approximately 6 percent of patients served are covered by private insurance.
- Fourth year dental students: ~100/yr
- 40 hr rotation (1 day/wk x 5 wks)
- Groups of 6; 2 groups/wk
- Dental hygiene students: ~35/yr
- 40 hr rotation (1/2 day/wk x 10 wks)
- GPR/AEGD residents: 9-10/yr
- Second year pediatric dentistry residents: 6/yr
- 1 day/wk throughout the year
- Pediatric dentistry fellow: 1/yr
- 1 day/wk throughout this year
For further information, contact Diana Zuber at (614) 685-3197 or email@example.com.