Johnstown Road Dental Clinic
The Johnstown Road Dental Clinic has been in operation since 2003. It is located within the Franklin County Early Childhood Education and Family Center, a community partnership that includes children enrolled in the Franklin County Board of DD, YMCA, Columbus Public Schools K and pre-K, and Child Development Council Head Start programs. The Johnstown Road clinic serves underserved children who would otherwise not receive care or receive emergency care only. This includes low-income and Hispanic children, who have significantly more dental disease than the general population.
The Johnstown Road clinic provides comprehensive dental services for young preschool and early school-age children with and without developmental disabilities through age 21. The current service population is about 70 percent Hispanic, the fastest-growing population in Central Ohio. We provide community outreach through screenings and presentations to preschool and school-age programs in the community.
The Johnstown Road clinic is also linked to Ohio State and Nationwide Children’s Hospital, which can provide resources for more complicated treatment including treatment under general anesthesia.
A sliding fee scale is employed so that no child is denied needed dental services care due to inability to pay for care. About 10 percent of the children served have private insurance. About 40 percent of the children served have no dental insurance.
- Provides comprehensive dental services for young preschool and early school-age children with and without developmental disabilities through age 21.
- Serves underserved and un-served young children who would otherwise not receive care or receive emergency care only.
- Serves approximately 3,800 appointments per year.
- Current service population is about 70 percent Hispanic.
- Provides community outreach through screenings and school presentations.
- People with developmental disabilities throughout Ohio are eligible to receive diagnostic services.
- People with intellectual and developmental disabilities within Franklin county are eligible to receive ongoing services.
- Anyone outside of Franklin County will be referred to local resources for ongoing services.
Hours of Operation
- Monday through Friday with services available by appointment only.
- 24-hour emergency service is available for patients of record.
- All major insurance programs, a sliding fee scale and Medicaid are accepted. When necessary, fee arrangements can be made.
- Approximately 10% of the children served have private insurance.
- Approximately 40% of the children served have no dental insurance.
- Fourth year dental students: ~40/yr
- 48 hrs each
- Dental hygiene students: ~27/yr
- 4 hrs each
- Second year pediatric dentistry residents: 6/yr
- 1 day/wk throughout the year
For further information, contact Stacey Grubb at (614) 342-5795 or email@example.com.