TOPS Summer Orientation
The College Orientation and Transition Assessment (COTA) Summer Orientation is held over a 1-week period.
The program is designed for students who are:
- High school graduates starting the TOPS Program in the Fall, or
- Students entering their junior or senior year of high school
During the program, students experience:
- First look of the TOPS Program
- Immersive college life experience at The Ohio State University
- Recreation and events on campus and off-campus in the Columbus area
- College-level classes that focus on skills needed to succeed in college
- Trial work experiences, informational interviews and/or job shadow opportunities.
All students will receive a Comprehensive Student Transition Assessment Report (STAR) shortly after the conclusion of the program. The report provides information regarding the student’s knowledge, skills and current levels of performance across the 4 transition areas, and can be integrated into the student’s IEP planning process for those returning back to high school.
The application for the COTA Program will be available in early 2017.